November 30, 2023
What an incredible month of MoRunning November was! It was great to see more people back at the 15 MoRuns across the UK and with more support from family and friends the atmosphere was incredible with all the MoLove being shared.There's been so many amazing people we have met along the way, some truly inspirational stories shared and with every age group getting involved, from the youngsters to those over 80, you have all shown us how to MoRun in your own special ways!MoRunning has been proud to continue our support for Movember, raising awareness for Men's Health. So far this year we have seen over £65,000 raised - keep those funds coming in folks!! For a roundup of each locations totals and leaderboards scroll to the end of the report.
We need to say a massive thank you to all of our MoRunning team who have done an amazing job delivering so many events across the country in such a short space of time.
Time and time again you come out in the rain, cold, wind (and occasionally in some sunshine!) to cheer and supported every single one of you. Mo Marshals, we love you! Thank you also to our partners for getting behind MoRunning!
And here's a shout out to some of our Legends of MoRunning - inspirational runners, inspirational people:
- Tom Prendergast - His aim was to walk 10k every day for Movember month - due to an operation needed halfway through the month he then upped his daily mileage to make up the 300k distance within the month. He’s 11 x’s MoRunner, been with us since 2015, if not before and this year could quite well be our biggest distance MoRunner!
- Brian Graves, Cardiff - 89 years - 8 MoRuns and this year ran a Virtual Mo Marathon totalling a distance of 42.5k throughout the month, which included our Cardiff MoRun 5k on 11/11/23.
- Ray Johnson, Whitstable - 86 years, 6 MoRuns
- William Burgess, Glasgow - 80 years; 7 x 10k MoRuns
- Mike Barnes, Edinburgh - 71 years; half marathon Edinburgh 2023 - 1st in age group category!
- Angela Fischer, Australia - 6 Virtual MoRuns, joins us every year from the other side of the world!
- Margarita Moore + Alan Hutchings, Cardiff, Poole, Bristol - 7 MoRuns
- Jay Cruz Semple, Glasgow & Edinburgh - 8 MoRuns, numerous other Fix Events, registered blind
- Ryan Waldron, Glasgow & Birmingham - 11 MoRuns; 2016 winner and a return runner year after year!
- James Martin, multiple locations - 2019 Multi MoRunning Champion with 8 MoRuns across the country and running 5k virtually everyday for the whole of November. Returns to be with us year in year out, fundraising as he goes. Great to have him speak at our London MoRun this year as well. TOTAL MORUNS 17 (not including virtual). TOTAL LEGEND!
Congratulations go out to all of our winners - we’ve seen amazing feats of speed, endurance and effort from our 116 champions and we will hope to see them all again next year in defence of their titles. If you are up for a champions medal, a champions beanie and a complimentary entry into the following years MoRun then get training now!
And to all of our fancy dress LEGENDS, thank you for bringing a load of laughs to MoRunning 2023. We love seeing your efforts and your style - keep it coming!
And of course a big thank you to every MoRunner for taking part and making MoRunning what it is. We hope you have achieved your goals and have enjoyed being part of the MoRunning community. Keep up your running and whatever your next challenge is we wish you all the best.Be sure to join us again for MoRunning 2024! Registrations will open up in the Spring. The MoRunning Team