FixAddiction 5k & 10k Run
Saturday at 09:30am4th July, 2020
Dorney LakeOff Court Lane, Dorney, Windsor, SL4 6FJ.
About this event
Join us for our Fix Addiction Summer 5k and 10k run. Get together with friends, family or colleagues and join us for this great event at the stunning Dorney Lake.
Motivation to inspire you to take part
- Super friendly, helpful, supportive and professional team to motivate, support and inspire you
- Olympic venue
- Fast, flat closed road run course
- Suitable for all abilities
- Awesome atmosphere
- Awesome bigger, bolder finishers medal
- Free Parking
- Electronic chip timing
- Full race chip timing results with instant results as the event is taking place
- Results texted to your mobile phone as you cross the line (additional cost which can be added during your registration)
Please note the course is path and we recommend road running shoes for this event - The course is flat - 5k turns at the far end of the lake and the 10k does a full loop before doing the same - buggies are ok - wheelchair friendly - note the course may be altered at any point up to event day if necessary
Make sure you read all the details below to ensure you are all set for race day!
- Registration will be open from 8am (you will see our Orange Gazebo before you get to the Clubhouse!) and will close at 9.10am.
- Race numbers and race chips will be collected on the morning of the event.
- You will receive a RACE CHIP. This will correspond with your race number. This is essential to record your time. Please make sure it is on before the start of the event and hand back to our team once you cross the finish line.
- The 10k will start at 9.20am and the 5k will start at 9.30am.
- Have fun! Whatever your level of running this event is suitable for all. It’s going to be a great day!
- There will be marshals around the course to support and encourage you.
- Please take care when running around the course as this is public land and local residents will be at the venue. Please always stay on the left unless otherwise guided.
- A dedicated bag storage area will be available next to the registration tent.
- Toilets and showers are available in the club house.
- Parking is located for all run entrants about half way down the lake towards the clubhouse and it’s about a 10-15 minute walk to the event hub from there.
- If you have friends or family who are coming to spectate they will have to park in the parking further up the lake and walk down as the road will be closed from 9.15am
- The Clubhouse has changing rooms, toilets and shower facilities.
- We have a dedicated storage for your belongings located next to the registration tent.
- There is a cafe in the Clubhouse where you can get drinks and snacks.
AFTER THE EVENT
- Everyone will receive a medal and there will also be a number of prizes up for grabs.
- Drinks and refreshments will be available from the Clubhouse.
- Relax! Check out your results at our race timing van once you cross the finish line.
- Results will be up online within 48 hours of the event completion.
The full address for the event is Dorney Rowing Lake, Dorney, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 6FJ. A link to the venue can be found at the top of this event page.
If travelling by train the main stations for Dorney Lake are Slough (Paddington line) and Windsor & Eton Riverside (from Waterloo) but is also near Burnham, Taplow, Maidenhead and Windsor & Eton Central (branch of Paddington line). From these stations you can get a taxi or if with a bike you can ride to the venue. We recommend researching the best option before travelling to ensure you arrive on time.
When do I receive my race pack?
Your race number will be listed on your profile the week of the event. You will receive an email notification when your race number is live in your profile. At this point all race numbers can be found on the event page of the website (half way down the page under Race Information). You will need your race number to register with and to collect your race pack with on event day.
How do I know I am registered?
As soon as you register you will receive an email confirming your entry. You need a unique email address for everyone you register, so that each entrant receives confirmation and details on how to login to their profile. On the confirmation email there will be a link to create your online profile. Please keep an eye on your inbox and in your profile in the lead up to your event as we will send regular newsletters with race day info, race number details and everything you need to know for race day. Your race number will be listed on your profile the week of the event. If you entered via Find a Race or Lets Do This you will receive a confirmation email from them and then another one from us when your entry has been transferred over to our system.
Will I receive race information in the lead up to my event?
Yes we send out email updates prior to your event and you can view all event details, news and offers by logging in to your user profile.
Will I be chipped timed?
Yes all our events (unless otherwise stated) are chip timed!! Your race chip will be on your race number bib which you receive on race day and which must be secured to your outer garment to ensure the chip works correctly.
Can I find the race number list prior to the event?
Yes, your event race list will be online approximately a week prior to your event. Please make a note of your race number and that of friends as you will collect your race pack on the morning of the run.
What happens if I don't receive my race email?
If you don’t receive your race emails it may be because the wrong email address was inputted or the race email went in to your junk mail so please do check your junk mail carefully! All your race information is stored in your online profile and your race number will also be listed here the week of the event. Please login to check all your information. If you have forgotten your password, login with the email you used to sign up with and then request a new password. All race day information will also be on the event page of the website and a race listing with your race number will be online the week of the event.
Can I cancel/transfer/get a refund if I can't take part?
You can cancel up to 14 days before the event and receive a 60% refund. Unfortunately after 14 days we cannot refund. You can transfer to another Fix Event (£5 transfer fee applies) if giving at least 7 days notice ahead of event day. After this point we can not make any changes to the race data and transferring to another event is not possible. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to action a refund or transfer. You also have the option to transfer your place to someone else right up to event day itself. The new runner will simply need to register on your race number and then see our race timing crew, Results Base and they will make the change in entry detail then.
Do you have any age restrictions / can children take part?
Absolutely! We typically allow children of all ages to take part in all our events (unless specific information is given for a set event). Please note that children remain the responsibility of their parents/guardian throughout our events. If the parent/guardian is satisfied the child/children can confidently run 5k or 10k unaccompanied they may do so, with a parent/guardian remaining onsite at all times.
What do I get for taking part?
Full race chip timing with instant results at the event, a cool medal, drinks, snacks, trophies for winners and an all round highly professional and fun event to be part of.
Can I Enter a team?
Absolutely! Get as many friends, family or colleagues together and run as a team. You are not required to run together and each person will receive their own time however it's just fun to run under a team name.
Can I run with a buggy?
Yes this is typically ok for most locations however please check the run route course as some locations can be a mix of path, trail, grass so not always suitable for running with a buggy. Also please try and stay to the left as much as possible to give room for other runners.
Can I volunteer to marshal at the event?
Absolutely! If you miss out on a place or just want to help out on the day and marshal that would be great. We need as much help as possible to ensure we can give runners the best experience possible and that includes plenty of marshals on the course, helping with registration, bag storage, water stations, handing out medals and general event support. Typical volunteer hours are from 8am until around 12pm and all volunteers will get drinks, snacks and a free entry to any Fix Event!! Please get in touch by sending an email to email@example.com. We would welcome you to join our team.
Can I walk / do you have a cut off time to complete the event in?
We typically have a cut off time of 1.5 hours to complete the race from when the event starts. Walking part of a 5k event is typically fine but the 10k races are mostly for running (with a bit of walking/jogging if necessary!). If doing a virtual run you have the luxury of completing your event anytime, anywhere and for however long throughout the given event period!
Can I run with my dog/are you canicross friendly
Yes, we love too see dogs running with their owners! Please ensure your dog is on a short lead/harness and that you are careful on the course and respect other runners and park users.
Can I wear headphones?
Yes we do allow this but please note it is your responsibility to make sure you can hear what's going on around you when running, including marshals and general public. Please keep the volume at a level whereby you can hear any important announcements that may be made.
Do I have to fundraise for the charity you are supporting?
You are not required to fundraise but if you choose to that would make a huge difference to the charity, whatever amount you raise. You can fundraise for any charity of your choice.
How do I view my race day photos?
A few teaser photos will be posted on our Facebook page the day or the day after the event: https://www.facebook.com/thefixevents Approx 1 or 2 days post event all photographs will be available to purchase here: www.wildman-media.com You can search by name or race number and purchase individual photos or as a photo bundle containing all of your race images. You can also save even more money by pre-ordering a bundle of all your race photographs prior to the event. For full details visit: https://www.wildman-media.com and / or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
When do online entries close/can I register on the day?
Unless the event sells out, we typically close online entries 5 days ahead of event day. We generally have on the day entries available. These are allocated on a first come, first served basis. To secure a place aim to be with us at least 45-60 minutes ahead of the first race starting. Please come to the On The Day Registration gazebo and we will get you signed up there. It is typically £20 for the 5k and £25 for the 10k in cash on the day.
Past Event Photos
Event Merchandise - Get the look!
Available to buy during checkout.
- Fix Addicted Black Tech T-Shirts£10.00(discounted price)